15 Tools for PhD Thesis Writing
These tools can reduce your thesis writing effort by up to 50%.
- Overleaf – Ideal for those adhering to precise formatting standards, especially in STEM. This tool ensures your document complies with LaTeX protocols effortlessly.
- Scrivener – Construct a detailed blueprint of your thesis structure. This tool excels in managing the complexity of long-form writing.
- Obsidian – Effortlessly link related concepts and notes, creating a web of ideas that reflects the interconnectedness of your thesis.
- Asana – Plan your thesis timeline, from proposal to defense. Each task becomes a building block towards your comprehensive thesis.
- MS Word – Not just for typing your thesis; utilize its extensive formatting tools to meet submission guidelines.
- Google Docs – Collaborate in real-time with your advisor, receive instant feedback, and never worry about losing your work due to a computer crash.
- EndNote – Collect and manage all your references, and then insert them into your document in the correct format with just a few clicks.
- Mendeley – Organize research papers, read and annotate on the go, and automatically generate your bibliography.
- Notion – Collect all your research notes, draft sections, and bibliographic references in one streamlined space. It’s your evolving digital workspace.
- OneNote – Seamlessly sync notes across all your devices.
- Google Keep – Quickly capture spur-of-the-moment ideas and categorize them with labels. Ideal for organizing thoughts on the go!
- Toggl – Track every precious minute spent on each chapter or research activity.
- Todoist – Organize tasks for literature reviews, experiments, and writing deadlines. It’s like a friendly reminder to keep your thesis milestones on track.
- Paperpal – This tool can eliminate typos and grammar issues from your thesis. You can also use it to trim and paraphrase.
- Draw.io – A free tool for creating figures for your thesis.
Which tool helped you the most in your thesis writing?
You can write the name of the tool in the comments for the benefit of others.